Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Lodestar X2 w/Super Moon

HiloDon

Last night I had a perfectly clear night with the super moon shining brightly. I wanted to see what the Lodestar X2 and LL v0.10 could do under these conditions. Here' some results:

The Crab

post-36930-0-62570500-1407815949.jpg

The Crescent

post-36930-0-56724300-1407816017.jpg

Pacman

post-36930-0-34836900-1407816078.jpg

The Bubble

post-36930-0-21949500-1407816377.jpg

The Lodestar Live program with stacking really comes through. Thanks, Paul.

Don

Wow!

That is a mighty impressive result.

A good set of images by any standards, but given the full, bright moon - absolutely stunning...

I've just begun taking some tentative steps down the VA road, experimenting with a PD1, and been thinking of getting an X2 - or maybe the imminent CX2 - very shortly. I don't think I need any more convincing!

All the best

Simon

Wow!

That is a mighty impressive result.

A good set of images by any standards, but given the full, bright moon - absolutely stunning...

I've just begun taking some tentative steps down the VA road, experimenting with a PD1, and been thinking of getting an X2 - or maybe the imminent CX2 - very shortly. I don't think I need any more convincing!

All the best

Simon

Thanks for your comments, Simon. The Lodestar X2 has been one of my best astronomy purchases. It has opened up a whole new world for me. Paul's Lodestar Live s/w makes using it easy and fun. You can't go wrong getting an LS X2!

Well done Don - those are exceptional images - I especially like the 'winter' M1 - you're tops for L-Mx2 work - keep 'em coming :smiley:

Thanks, Nytecam. It was a really late night. I got to bed about 4:30 am. You can see the time on M1, 03:39.

Superb results Don! I see you're using sum stacking for these fainter objects and it seems to be working a treat.

Martin

Thanks, Martin. Paul's new version 0.10 works nicely. I move the white level to the right about 3/4 of the way. Then as the histogram moves with each stack I follow it with the black level. The image slowly appears with each stack. You can stop it at any time and evaluate. If you need more you just hit start again.

Don

Archived