NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

remote phil dyer camera not available

beamer3.6m

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I use the easycap software. .nothing fancy. .davy..

but I would recommend kyle's software ..I you have probs or queries he is on the ball to help and rectify. .top bloke..davy

Ok. Think I'm settled on the avs dso-s kit but final question!

The phil dyer has total integration time of 20 secs with exposures of up to 1/50th.

The avs has total integration up to 85 seconds by stacking 5 images each of 17 second exposure.

To me that reads the avs is far mor sensitive as it can take frames of up to 17 seconds.

Have I got that right?

Also does the 5 frame stack limit it's use?

Also is it always limited to 5 frames even if the exposure is less than 17 seconds?

Cheers.

Ok. Think I'm settled on the avs dso-s kit but final question!

The phil dyer has total integration time of 20 secs with exposures of up to 1/50th.

The avs has total integration up to 85 seconds by stacking 5 images each of 17 second exposure.

To me that reads the avs is far mor sensitive as it can take frames of up to 17 seconds.

Have I got that right?

Also does the 5 frame stack limit it's use?

Also is it always limited to 5 frames even if the exposure is less than 17 seconds?

Cheers.

I'm not familiar with the Phil Dyer cam, but the AVS in-camera stacking is a dynamic noise reduction that not only gives longer integration times, but vastly improves the image. The sensor sensitivity is very high, so for most DSO's you won't need 85 seconds. For that long of an exposure, you will need good tracking as well. You should use the in-camera stacking of five frames for shorter integration times, too. For example, if you have an exposure of 256x, which is four seconds, and a 5x in-camera stacking, your total exposure is 20 seconds. You will see a lot of things at that setting. I think the PAL version gives slightly more time.

The in-camera stacking limit is five. If you get the Astrolive s/w, I think it may have some additional stacking capability. Check with Kyle on that. Matt at AVS can also answer questions and he probably has some write ups on the proper use of the AVS camera.

Hope this helps.

Don

Archived