NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

The Sun - 15th Jul 2014

David Smith

Took some subs early this morning but couldn't see any activity in the viewfinder and hence focus was guess work. Predictably the subs were useless. Fortunately I came home to clear skies so broke out the laptop with EOS Utils and connected up to the camera / scope. Just about managed to find something to focus on and shot 88 frames. The image below was 37 of those stacked in R5.1.

14660685084_8bcbf474f4_o.jpg20140715 by David_The_Bears_Fan, on Flickr

Well caught sir ...  :laugh:

It'll be a race in the morning to catch that last focal point before it slides from view , focusing on faculae is a little hit and miss ...  :p

Hopefully there'll be a glimpse of the remnants of 12098 or 12101 by then , if they made it round , little more than a patch of faculae at present ...  :embarassed:

Thanks all. I have now eliminated the dust bunny giving rise to the dark smear at upper mid left :cool:

Well caught sir ...  :laugh:

It'll be a race in the morning to catch that last focal point before it slides from view , focusing on faculae is a little hit and miss ...  :p

Hopefully there'll be a glimpse of the remnants of 12098 or 12101 by then , if they made it round , little more than a patch of faculae at present ...  :embarassed:

Don't think I will be catching one tomorrow as I have to be out by 06:30 tomorrow and forecast later in the day is not promising :sad:

Archived