Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Lunar Eclipse?

I have just been reading on NASA.gov about the lunar eclipse taking place tonight. Forgive me if I appear stupid but will we be able to see any of it over here in the UK?

I also apologise if this has been discussed in another post. Its just that I havn't got time at the moment to go through them.

Aye, yeah, should be able to see it. Providing its clear that is. The moon is nice and bright at the moment just got above the horizon, but were gonna have to wait until the early hours of tomorrow moring to see the eclipse!

Clear skies everyone!

Don't rush Nick, got the mount polar aligned, scope on mount got the camera attached, focused on the moon, motors running, went to fetch a coffee, outside again! bleeping clouds rushing in from the west at high speed heading straight for you :D:lol: :lol: :lol:

I have put the scope in the summer kitchen, and covered the mount. Will be checking back up until I decide it ain't going to clear :x :x :x

Just had 15 days of clear skies, the time I really want it be clear :(:D

naz

Don't rush Nick, got the mount polar aligned, scope on mount got the camera attached, focused on the moon, motors running, went to fetch a coffee, outside again! bleeping clouds rushing in from the west at high speed heading straight for you :D:lol: :lol: :lol:

I have put the scope in the summer kitchen, and covered the mount. Will be checking back up until I decide it ain't going to clear :x :x :x

Just had 15 days of clear skies, the time I really want it be clear :(:D

naz

Your'e right about the recent clear skies we have had in france, and lo and behold....... the cloud god has

got out the wrong side of bed again!!!!

Will leave Galaxia outside for a little longer!

Here's hopin'!

Good luck too all our members who have this chance...............go guys, nail it!

Thinly overcast sky up in North Wales (Connah's Quay near Chester) with some heavier fast moving clouds drifting over the full moon at present (11.58pm).

Moon eclipse supposed to start at 1.42am and reach full eclipse at 3.00am, then last for about 1/2 hour!

After the last full week of of crystal clear skies it's a dissapointment, but we'll have to hope for the best.

Going to set up digital camera on tripod and try and get some shots in a bit later.

Regards,

philsail1

Clear in Essex (sort of) - layer of high cloud and the moon is OK considering.

Just set up the static tripod and wrapped the dew band around the camera lens (dew always a problem here), I've got the focus bang on, running the images 1/500th sec @ ISO 200. Might have to up the ISO during the total part...

Just been out to check on things and there is some thicker looking cloud approaching from the west! I'm within 50 minutes of the start now - I will not be happy if I get clouded out and see nothing :D

Ant

Clear here earlier, got everything set up, then the clouds arrived at what looked like supersonic speed, since then I have had a few small breaks, but packed everything away 10 mins ago, wall to wall blanket clouds. :D

naz

cheers Andrew (haven't forgotten your PM btw).

Yeah they were great last time weren't they. With a bit of luck, someone will have clear spells for some images...

I'm almost scared to look outside :D

Ant

:D:lol: :lol: :lol::(:D:):clouds2: :clouds2: :clouds2: :clouds2:

:clouds2: :clouds2: :clouds2: :clouds2: :clouds2: :clouds2: :clouds2: :clouds2: :clouds2: :clouds2: :clouds2:

:moon:

Total waste of time up here in bonnie Scotland i am afraid.

Total Black-out/White-out as the clouds were that thick i did not see a thing.

Thank you for Starry Night, care of Lidl.

Hope to see some pictures of the moon, even the Satellite projection on Met Office showed no hope as the blanket of cloud was continuous and with no breaks in it.

Now if it had been last week which was a Astronomers delight i would of been well pleased.

Davey.

:moon:

OK so here in Chester the clouds taunted me at 11pm by giving me a clear if somewhat misty view of the moon - by 11.30pm - total cloud cover - saw absolutely nothing.

Philsail1 - you're the second person I've seen on here from Connah's Quay - I was born there (well actually Mancot baby factory) but lived in the Quay til I was 6 mnths old. Dad taught at Sealand CP.

Small world isn't it.

Archived