Moon with Deep-Sky imaging rig :)

ChrisLX200

I don't usually 'do' Moon imaging but a couple weeks ago I took a shot with my deep sky imaging rig just to see what it would look like. So this is a single frame with the NP127is, Atik 490EX, and unprocessed (well there's nothing to process other than a little adjustment to brightness and contrast.)

Moon_0_zpsd397e2b3.jpg

ChrisH

Nice to see Lunar Imaging isn't dead on SGL.

Might just have been a tryout Chris. but it certainly came out well.

We had a couple of members who's speciality was Imaging the moon, and they produced some superb stuff at Hi. Res.

I would like to see a resurgence of that, but Deep Sky seems to be the big draw. Nothing at all wrong with that,

But the Moon and Planets are very attractive targets still.

You have a nice result with your kit here.

Good luck with your DS imaging.

Ron.

I found it quite satisfying to get an image back so quickly. I could get into this again, I used to do Moon imaging with my 12" OO newt years ago but the camera wasn't up to much at the time. I have 2x and 5x Powermates that would work OK with the refractor but the resolution is not going to be near the 12" Newt. For nights with intermittent cloud Moon imaging could be just the thing.

ChrisH

Nice to see Lunar Imaging isn't dead on SGL.

Might just have been a tryout Chris. but it certainly came out well.

We had a couple of members who's speciality was Imaging the moon, and they produced some superb stuff at Hi. Res.

I would like to see a resurgence of that, but Deep Sky seems to be the big draw. Nothing at all wrong with that,

But the Moon and Planets are very attractive targets still.

You have a nice result with your kit here.

Good luck with your DS imaging.

Ron.

Ron, i think we are just going through a bad spell for Lunar, this is my main interest im just rubbish at it

Super moon image Chris. Nothing wrong with a bit of lunar photography, especially when it is so bright it spoils everything else. I quite fancy a go a a lunar mosaic, hi res camera, lots of panes and a very high resolution digital photo of our moon.

Robin

Archived