Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Good? App Discovered

I recently found and downloaded the app "FOViewer Deluxe Free". Basically, it allows you to "see" what your scope would see using the info that you enter for the equipment you are using (scope, ep's, barlows & camera). It superimposes the view on various celestial objects using the combination of equipment items you are using. I haven't had the opportunity to validate any of this yet but potentially think it could be quite useful as it also tells you if using certain combinations will exceed the useful magnification of your equipment. I have already changed my mind about some of the ep's & barlows I was intending to buy as the app says they would be a waste of money. I would be interested to know if others out there have used the app and what they think of it.

It's a nice little app. When I had a Galaxy S I downloaded this in its early version and ended up acting as an informal beta tester. Some of the features came out of suggestions I made, I enjoyed assisting with it.

I do like the ability to list all your kit, very handy. Whilst there are other apps which do this too, this one is free!!

Stu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Free is always good....... So I am guessing that you have found the app to be pretty accurate then which is good news for us noobs, especially if it helps us to avoid expensive mistakes!

Yes, as far as I am aware it is accurate. Not used the latest version but I would have confidence in it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived