Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Opticron Oregon 11x70s

Hello all.

Bought these binoculars for general astro and the odd long distance wildlife, birding etc, can't find any reviews so just wondered if anyone has any opinions or views on how these should perform?

Suppose I'm looking for justification for buying them lol, I thought the 11x and biggish objective should make them pretty good for astro use.

Thanks gaz

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Doesn't seem to be on the S@N website yet;

My conclusion:

Overall, this is a very competent entry-level binocular for budding deep-sky aficionados and those who want ultra-portable wide-angle deep-sky views under dark skies.

I tried the Opticrons at the IAS - a very helpful Opticron lady took a few pairs outside for me to try on long-distance targets. i liked the 11x70s a lot, and if you're going to use these for long-distance wildlife, as well as astro, then I reckon you made a damn good choice.

Compared to the ubiquitous 10x50s, you should get a wee bit more mag, along with more light grasp.

Enjoy!

What does the actual aperture measure out as?

Mark

Effective aperture is about 62.5mm - like all binoculars of this class, they are stopped down in the prism housing.

On the batphone, so expect weird autocorrect

Archived