SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

BBC Cbeebies Looking For Children Interested in Astronomy

Hi all,

We have been contacted by the BBC who are working on a CBeebies TV programme called Mr Bloom: Here and There (those with kids have probably seen this!). They are looking for children aged between 5-7 years old in the New Forest area who share their parents' passion for Astronomy and would like to talk to them about it. They are also looking for children in the West Midlands for later in the year as well.

Some info about the programme:

In each episode Mr. Bloom (from popular CBeebies programme Mr. Bloom’s Nursery) meets a small group of children who excitedly tell us about why they ‘love where they live.’  Through the activities shared between Mr. Bloom and the children we will discover the things that make each community special and unique.
We are hoping to meet four different groups of children (aged under 7 years) Monday-Thurs and then bring them all together on the Friday to take part in a community project, such as; maintaining a community area; decorating public areas with artwork; helping out a community garden; fixing paths; building walls; urban parks; cleaning/painting signs; planting trees; anything that would benefit the community and was wondering if you happened to know of any events or projects that are already taking place.
Mr Bloom: Here and There is a fun and aspirational series that encourages children to celebrate and take care of their local areas.  The aim of the series is to help give children and their families a sense of pride in where they live and their local community; plus an understanding of the importance of looking after their surroundings.

They are visiting the area in the week commencing 23rd June and are currently making arrangements for places to visit and children to meet.

If you think of any children that might be interested in showing off their passion for astronomy through the beautiful clear skies the New Forest, please drop me a PM and I will pass you on the contact details of the CBBC researcher who has contacted us.

SGL are not involved in this we will simply pass on the contact details of the BBC researcher.

Cheers,

Grant

Ohhh thats a shame, my little boy is only 3. And while he likes Mr Bloom, he's still a bit young to understand astronomy. He knows the obvious things in the sky, like the Moon and Sun and planets - though his idea of a planet is "planet Dave" from another Cebeebie show. He also knows what a telescope is, but I wont let him anywhere near it (yet!) - but he does have a pair of binoculars, which seem to get used the wrong way round most of the time...lol.

Give it a few years and I hope to have a mini-U235 :)

Archived