Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Jellyfish IC443, 6x9 mins

mindburner

Having not been doing any imaging I needed to get in some practice.

This was done to test that my kit is still working after several months with no use, due ti weather and other things.

It's not great but with a lot more data the results should improve. I also believe I caught a UFO, most probably an aircraft in one sub:)

post-11156-0-56365700-1403016050_thumb.p

and a shot of horses head from earlier in the year with a Canon 1100d unmodded

post-11156-0-82786200-1403016161_thumb.p

yes I think that is the more common name

The second image is much better as you have added more data, it will get better as you add on more data. BTW you have NGC 6888 the Cresent nebula, Jelly fish is IC 443 and the Horsehead is IC 434.

Regards,

A.G

The second image is much better as you have added more data, it will get better as you add on more data. BTW you have NGC 6888 the Cresent nebula, Jelly fish is IC 443 and the Horsehead is IC 434.

Regards,

A.G

ah I see, got it. NGC 6888 it surely is. 

do you use astro tortilla to image over different nights? i cant wait to start using AT...

hi no I have not been aware of this, must check it out.

I have been out of practice and was using different alignment stars so my subs were not the same each night so I just used Nebulosity and cropped the odd mismatched bits out of the shot.

The sky was very bright and it was hard to gt the signal through even with long subs, might have contributed to signal loss actually

Archived