NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Lunt wedge 1st light 12.06.14

philj

Bought a lunt wedge plus nd and polarising filter at the IAS on sunday, managed to try it out yesterday, what a great piece of kit. I can now use this on all 6 of my refractors.

This was through my meade 127edt using a qhy imgoh mono camera. Approx 2000 from 5000 frames, pipp, as2 and registax. False colour applied in ps7

Now to try it on my 4" f15

post-2283-0-48109700-1402669781_thumb.jp

A super image Phil, there is certainly some great spot groups to go at.  I managed to find a Lunt wedge with Continuum filter second hand last year.  They are good step up from Baader film and work well in all sorts of small scopes.

Robin

Well that worked well, Phil! Very classy! :laugh:  Nice false colours too! Is that with a UV/IR cut filter as well?

Congrats on the purchase! The Lunt wedge (I have the 1.25) is one of my best buys ever, what it does for a compatible frac is amazing! :laugh:

Thanks folks Im pleased with it. Its the 1.25" version so it will fit all my refractors. No Luke,no Ir filter just the nd and polarising filters

Ah, well you seem to have a really good result without one anyway. Some of my fracs give a fuzzy image with my video camera compared to the eyepiece view unless I use a UV/IR cut.

That's fab you have several fracs to use it on, I think I have used mine on 6!

Thanks Luke, I shall give it a go with the UV/IR cut next time and see what it does. When using the solar film full aperture filter I always used one but wanted to try it without to begin with.

Yes I have 6 ranging from F6 to F15 at differing apetures and ages, from 1900 to modern, makes observing fun :grin:

Cor, F15! Is that the 1900 one? It will be interesting to see if you find any difference with the UV/IR cut. Is the Meade a triplet? I wonder if triplets or quadruplets cope better with IR light than my doublets??

The Meade is the 127 ED Triplet Luke. My main F15 is a 1979 Fullerscopes 4" F15 Deluxe refractor, the 1900 telescope is a brass Broudhurst Clarkson 3" F13 Starboy, the OTA is the same as Sir PMs but has a bespoke period finder. Then I have various others.

This is what the F15 can do with Kendrick solar film and the IMGOH so Im looking forward to what it can do with the Lunt

post-2283-0-69710200-1402776904_thumb.jp

Archived