NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

greenery is cool on my obsy !

nytecam

Time to get out of the sun-lounger this sunny afternoon and play with the tablet with and without a 'black' IR-transmitting filter handheld over the camera lens - here's the result.   Nature knows best by making leaves appear white [chlorophyl] and reflecting the hot summer light away and keeping my obsy cool - timber construction also helps !  The dome is thin ali sheet and gets hot BUT chills rapidly at sundown WITHOUT underlaying insulation.  What's your take on keeping cool apart from beer ?

post-21003-0-57070400-1402591702_thumb.j

More beer!

I fitted an extractor fan to my obs and that with the fans in the scope and a cheap desk fan to circulate the air, it cools down very quickly.

Yes Robin - I use a large domestic fan in obsy but to keep condensation at bay throughout the non summer months - air movement seems more important then than applying heat then but that's another story :police:

• 2 weeks later...

That is a very interesting set of pictures and appears to confirm the research being done in Normalised Difference Vegetation Index http://en.wikipedia....egetation_Index.

Where a mathematical process is used on the image to calculate a ratio of red light to infra red lift (giving -1 to +1) for each pixel and theoretically should be able to determine whether something is Vegetation or not.

I like SGL. :-)   It always full of interesting topics that allow me to experiment with ideas .

Many thanks Nytecam for posting such an interesting set of images

Cheers John 

Archived