Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The nearing end of my obsy build..

b_fillmore

Hello all! 

Well, my obsy build is nearing completion, after being in planning for 3 months and to date just over 2 months of building as and when I can find the time. I've stayed quiet up until now, as it's been a slightly ambitious project for someone with next to no DIY skills, and I wasn't sure whether it would ever see the light of day (or the dark of night, whatever). 

Now it's very close to completion I think I can safely say it has been successful, to the point of being done. Looking back I'd do a few things differently were I to do it again but the end result is pretty satisfying. 

I should add that one of the main criteria when building it was that my wife will appreciate the look of it when built. Didn't make my life easy. 

I need to also say thanks for everyone else who has gone before me, some of the threads on this forum were excellent in the planning stages and I certainly wouldn't have been able to get to where I have without everyone else's advice and pictures from past builds. 

Hope you enjoy the pictures! 

Looks a really great build and I think you are under selling your DIY skills. I am surprised the roof came to such a weight but I guess the shingles are a heavy option, but they look very good. Looking forward to seeing the final pictures and reading how it works in practice.

Well done!

• 3 weeks later...

Fantastic build and end product, I understand what you mean about the amount of work (my build is New Obsy in Norfolk UK) and I went the dome route due to my illness. Even that has taken much more time than expected (albeit interspaced with hospital appointments) but again object achieved with a useable obsey; there is no way that I could have taken on this much work at this stage - very well done - now to fit it our which is nearly as  much work!!

Regards

Mike

Archived