Daystar Quark Chromosphere Incoming

Joves

After some procrastination in ordering one of these due to potentially long wait times, one came up on Astromart in the US unused and still new in box. Being offered by a very reputable member of the site, I decided to jump at it.

Soooo... Should be here by the beginning of next week at the latest!

Quite excited to receive it.

Thanks Luke.

I'm keen to see how it goes in the TV76 and curious to see how much better resolution this combo will have compared with the diminutive little scope that could, my much loved PST.

Also eager to try it out in the Orion EON 110mm, but I have to remount this one on the AZ-EQ6, which makes it almost the complete opposite of grab n go!

You'd be expecting to receive yours any day now, wouldn't you?

Thanks Luke.

I'm keen to see how it goes in the TV76 and curious to see how much better resolution this combo will have compared with the diminutive little scope that could, my much loved PST.

Also eager to try it out in the Orion EON 110mm, but I have to remount this one on the AZ-EQ6, which makes it almost the complete opposite of grab n go!

You'd be expecting to receive yours any day now, wouldn't you?

I'm intrigued as well to see how it compares with my solar scope, as that's my reference point. So my first test I hope will be a direct 60mm comparison - Tele Vue 60 + Quark versus Solar Max 60.

I really do hope my Quark will be here soon, I was told delivery was early June, so it should be Batch 3. I see Batch 3 is sold out now and Batch 4 is due from July 10. I've already paid for my Quark in full, back in April. Please, Quark, hurry your way here! :D

Congratulation on your purchase Aaron :smiley:  I am looking forward to the comparison betwixt your scopes :grin:

I bet Luke and yourself are pacing around in anticipation waiting for the solar postman :laugh:

Shaun, I must admit, every weekday for the past week or so, I have been crossing my fingers that the Quark would turn up.

I emailed SCS Astro today for an update and they said they are waiting for confirmation soon from Daystar, who have been waiting for a sunny day to test every Quark before shipment.

So I take it from that that it will be a week or two yet. I will have to go polish my Plossls and UV/IR cut again :grin:

Congratulation on your purchase Aaron :smiley:  I am looking forward to the comparison betwixt your scopes :grin:

I bet Luke and yourself are pacing around in anticipation waiting for the solar postman :laugh:

Every day I don't work from home I check my green wheelie bin (inside and behind), just in case there's a Quark carelessly left there by the delivery company - sad really.  Thanks for the update Luke, sounds like a while longer.

Wohoo, my Quark is on its way from the States to SCS Astro :laugh:  Everything is ready to go for it, from a range of Plossls and fracs to a UV/IR cut and Sol beer  :grin:  Just need swift passage for the Quark and some sunshine! :laugh:

I really am sorry you guys are having to wait so long. I've had mine for a couple weeks now, and I am truly enjoying it.

I've tried many eyepieces with the Quark in a 80mm f/4.8 Brandon refractor, and I've found a (borrowed) TeleVue 32mm Plossl gives the best image. It gives a full-disk view that is extremely sharp and contrasty. I tried to buy the 32 off of the owner to no avail. Can you guess what's on my Christmas list already?

- Phyllis

Archived