NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Afocal Saturn pics

Whippy

I actually took these a week ago (10/02/08) and I forgot I took them TBH! I'm fairly sure I took these with my Intes MK66 Mak-Cass which would explain why the focus is a little off (I find the longer the focal length, the harder it is to focus), using my Canon Powershot A610/Baader Hyperion setup. I think there's a mixture of exposure times here which explains the different brightnesses. Pick your fave :D.

3859_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

3860_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

3861_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

3862_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

3863_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Tony..

Great result Tony, Difficult to pick one over the others, but I will choose the last one.

I would like to see the result of the Mak a 4x Powermate attached to a DSLR.

I reckon that scopes waiting to eat the moon too.

Ron. :D

I found the different tones in those shot very interesting and wondered what the result of combining them in one image would look like. Did a quick combi' during which I had one of the image layers at high contrast and couldn't fail to notice three bright 'spots' off to the left the . Anyway,image 1 shows the result. I was sure these were moons but I'm not used to working upside down,so to speak. I reorientated the image, cleared some of the noise and enlarged it a bit to see what was there......... see image 2.

I think you have splendid captures there Tony and if you work on the originals you will,I'm sure,turn up something more of interest.

Cheers

CW

(click as usual)

CW, even by my relatively lazy standards, I've been lazy with these (ie: done nothing at all to them) and you've done a sterling job on bringing out more detail and some of the moons :D. Thank ye kindly sir!

Tony..

PS did I tell you I can be a bit lazy??

Archived