NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

my last goal for 2014.....image a comet....

had a clear spell earlier

pity I was traveling back from a gig, by the time I got home and settled the cloud had come in

saying clear her Mon night & tues so fingers crossed

any luck yet?

Just thought i'd mention comet jaques is a great photo opportunity in the lower half of cassiopiea right now. just passing through the heart nebula ic1805 :)

A set of 60sec exposures will do it just fine. 

good luck with the search :p

thanks I will try soon hopefully, how long is Jaques going to be around for do you know?

I guess there is not much point in doing really long exposures for a comet then?

edit> looks like it will only be around for August.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p024g5n8

hopefully ill get a chance to image it....I wont this weekend as im away at wings and wheels for the long weekend, but maybe the weekend after I will....also I take it you don't need to guide for comet shots

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i caught it last night, i only took 30 second exposures because i was worried about the speed it was travelling at. i have guided in the comet before, but Jaques was bright enough to see with the finder/QHY5, but not quite bright enough to guide on. it would have made a nice widefield with the double cluster nearby

i caught it last night, i only took 30 second exposures because i was worried about the speed it was travelling at. i have guided in the comet before, but Jaques was bright enough to see with the finder/QHY5, but not quite bright enough to guide on. it would have made a nice widefield with the double cluster nearby

nice one on catching it last night! I look forward to having a go next weekend :)

have you posted your image up yet from last night?

Archived