Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Issues with Registax 6

Tonight with the moon bright in the sky I decided to do a little lunar and planetary imaging. I decided to go with the 1100D instead of a webcam as I like the results better. Got everything hooked up and fired up BYEOS and went into Planetary mode. First session was 1500 frames. When that was done I clicked the 5x tab and then took another 1500 frames. 

Short slew to Mars and got it centered on the screen then switched to 5x. Centered again and clicked on 10x. Took 1500 frames and then the clouds rolled in. Tore down and went inside to process my images.

Opened Registax and tried to open the first AVI I took of the moon. Registax crashed. I tried again and crash. 3rd time and same thing. So I opened R6 again and tried the next file. The 1500 frames at 5x and it opened fine. Aligned, stacked and wavelets with no problem. Went back to the first AVI and tried again. Crashed.

Tried opening the Mars AVI and didn't have an issue with that either. Aligned, stacked and wavelets went just fine. Tried the first file again and everything froze up. 

I went through my files and found some old data of Saturn and the moon and tried opening them and both of those crashed too. I tried everything I could and went so far to uninstall and then redownload and install R6 again. Same thing. Certain files opened and others didn't. Seems that anything that I used the 5x or 10x feature on BYEOS would load but anything else would force R6 to crash.

I didn't have this issue last time I used R6. That was about a month or so ago. Uninstalling and re-installing didn't work. Any ideas why some files will open and others crash the program???

I didn't have this issue last time I used R6. That was about a month or so ago. Uninstalling and re-installing didn't work. Any ideas why some files will open and others crash the program???

Sounds like a computer problem.  What Windows are you using?

Are all the files *.avi?

Can you play all the files with windows media player or something similar?

Are the files causing the crash much bigger than the others?

Have you tried with registax 5.1?

Try running the crashing files through PIPP and and either cropping the frame or just saving the best 90% of frames as a new *.avi

Hope you get it sorted.

Jd

I think whatever was going on was an issue with the laptop. I had some major issues with it the other night after that imaging session. For 3 hours I ran malware programs and anti virus. Then I had an issue with the WI-FI being able to connect. Finally when all else failed I ended up having to do a "refresh". 

Basically had to go back to factory defaults. A lot of stuff was erased. Registax, Stellarium, DSS, etc. So I spent a good part of the next day reinstalling everything as well as running a ton of anti-malwar software and cleaning things up. After that Registax seems to work fine if not better than before. Must have had something in there that R6 didn't like?

I also lost a lot of my pictures. Mostly AP stuff as everyday images I backup on flash drives and memory cards. Had a heck of a time downloading and reinstalling Stellarium. Antivirus kept telling me it was bad and removed it right away.

Archived