Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Another (what one) request for a cpc 800 scope

Hi all

I have my trusty 3 BST s and although they are good as such, I do think I am missing finer viewing. I want to get a 13 or 14mm eyepiece for my CPC800 scope and have read about Meade HD, etc etc. Can you give me some personal opinions on 13, 14mm eyepieces. Price is an issue, but i wont mention any money, i just want some feedback as it may be the difference between saving or spending more so i will keep it tight for now. Would sove something with a good wide view of things as with the BST s, I found  a lot of issues around the edge and besides my eyes are getting old. Thank you

Arron,

Lovely answer but the OP states Price is an issue but I guess if you want something that is as good as it gets this is your man.

Meade HD's not seen much about them and not seen one, which is odd for me as I have owned most of Meades better eyepieces. The Meade Series 5000 Super Plossl range is very good but is not made now, I am doing a test on the 14mm which may be of interest to you if I ever get any clear sky to do the review. I think the Bresser S Plossl range is now the same, the focal lengths match up but it is a while ago that I last saw even these. Telescope House sell them and they are about 70 quid I believe.

Just checked and they still have them.

I believe Maxvision 14mm UWA which was a cancelled Meade order were being sold by ExSc for a reasonable price and many on site bought them, these were 180 pound eyepiece when sold by Meade and whilst it is not the best on the market it is very good. ExSc also do their own version of the same eyepiece which can be picked up for about 139 euros from Teleskop Services..

Hope this is of some use.

Alan

Hi proflight,the Ethos are great for the immersive view.A bit off your spec,the 16mm T5 Nagler( a favorite) is a very good eyepiece,eye relief a bit tight though.As a permanent upgrade the Delos,Ethos and Naglers are worth your consideration.

Archived