Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Good old Luna

Been moping and mumping for weeks about the clouds, the haar and the murky skies ... But tonight, lo!, there it was: the beautiful moon.

Got a good half-hour at the eyepiece before she went below my immediate, all-too-low, horizon and I came in with a big fat smile on my puss. Still far from good seeing - brief glimpses of Mars and Arcturus through the high haze were the only other things visible in the sky. And then it got even thicker.

But hey, a little's better than nothing ain't it?!

Yes this time of year, with the light nights, it's nice to have the Moon around to look at. I was out Saturday night with my brother and spent half an hour on it, using it to set up the video camera. A new moon low on the horizon is always a bit of a scene stealer :smiley:   

Agree! Its much better than nothing. Cant recall the northern summernights being so bright as this year  :smiley: .

Good thing our Moon is around, if I feel the urge of using my scope during summertime.

Rune

Strange but true...

We have had a line-up of bright planets and comets through winter and late spring, and yet

this is by far the busiest 6 months of Luna watching I have ever had.

Archived