Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Solar eyepiece ?

Davey-T

Just about to order a Lunt LS60 and thinking about getting a zoom eyepiece, maybe a Baader 8/24 wondering about your thoughts or preferences, I have a selection of the usual eyepieces but no experience of Solar viewing other than a look at a partial eclipse with a white light filter.

Dave

Hi Dave,

I have only ever used fixed fl eyepieces in my solar scopes, but I understand that the Baader works well.  Lunt sell a 7.2 - 21mm zoom, that of course should work well, but if it is any better than the Baader, I wouldn't know?  It is £50 cheaper.

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/lunt-solar-accessories/lunt-125-zoom-eyepiece-72mm-215mm.html

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/baader-planetarium/baader-hyperion-zoom-eyepiece.html

Robin

I have the Lunt Zoom. I have only used it in anger on the sun & the Moon and I have to say it does work very well, more so at the higher power settings between 7 & 12mm :smiley:

The best eyepiece out of all that I have tried is the 9mm Vixen SLV it is always my first choice, the Lunt zoom does get second place and the Delos 10mm comes in 3rd :laugh:  I have never tried the Baader on the sun.

Hi David, I use the Baader zoom and its great for the sun .When traveling it saves taking loads of eyepieces.

Slightly off topic the plastic pig is erected :-)

Love my zoom, it's my most used eyepiece in my LS60DS, couldn't live without it.

Best buy I ever made. Really want to move up to a binoviewer, I think that is the only way to beat it.

K

Love my zoom, it's my most used eyepiece in my LS60DS, couldn't live without it.

Best buy I ever made. Really want to move up to a binoviewer, I think that is the only way to beat it.

K

What two LS60s bolted together you mean  :grin:

Dave

Archived