Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Astro Modified DSLR

Hi all,

I have been given the unexpected go ahead my the other half to buy a Astro Modified Canon I have a  question before I take the plunge.

Am I right in thinking that a modded camera will allow capture of the red emission wave length of nebulae like Rosette, Orion M42, Veil Nebula, Sadr region etc??? ( HA I think)?

Also I am thinking of buying the 600D from Cheap Astrophotography ( I have the 650D unmodded but want to keep it this way) anyone have experience of either the camera or supplier?

And lastly will the purchase be worth while?

Any other opinions greatly received.

Please correct me if I have the wrong end of the stick smile.png

Many thanks in advance.

I have the 600D Badder modified version from them and I love it
not had a lot of chance to use it yet but works well with things like BYEOS and APT

the flip screen is a godsend and its quite light considering other DSLR's are about twice its weight

and yes you get more red emission depending on what mod you go for

Thanks for the reply,

I will be buying the camera fully modded just for AP  purposes only, great to know I will pick up more red emissions, Thinking of going for the 600D as like my 650D the flip out screen is a great feature. :)

Vick

It will definitely be worthwhile! The best move I made was to remove the filter in my 60D, the images are way better now. Yes, it is much more sensitive to red Ha light, but to be honest, it just seems to perform better with everything!

Can't help with suppliers I'm afraid, but I managed to modify a second hand camera myself, so if you are at all practical, you might consider that route... Though not for the faint hearted!

Enjoy, good luck and clear skies!

Archived