NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

TV85 - Romanian import!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see how you can have pinched it from me, I never even saw it. I am thinking of something like an 80-90mm, the SW Espirit 80mm would fit the bill or the TS 90mm F5.5, I sort of like my refractors, bit like you really but I don't have so many. The lovely little looker you have just landed would have done nicely, normally I would need to be in England to land a secondhand one, they are 2,500 euros new, I guess that's about 1900 quid.

Alan

I'm sure either of those would be great. Michael has an 80mm APM triplet I believe which is always worth considering. These scopes are great for Widefield at dark sites, 3, 4 or 5 degree fields of view possible which I really enjoy. The aperture change from 60 through to 90 say does make a difference for high power and planetary stuff which matters for me as a travel scope, but I doubt would bother you with your other options at home.

The Televues are certainly expensive new, but unlike the eyepieces don't hold their value so well used, or perhaps it's just that they last so long there are bargain 10 or even 20 year old scopes out there.

Stu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well done Stu, that does look and sound like a very lovely scope. You are "dyed in the wool" TV aren't you. What do you mean in your sig "Little money left!" you seem to have sold a H8ll of a lot of kit recently :grin:

Hope the scope gives you lots of pleasure.

Ian

Thanks Ian, although I know they are not perfect, I just get a lot of pleasure from using them. It's just the feel, the heritage and the views aren't bad either.

I've sold a lot, but am still down versus spend unfortunately :-(. Still, it will all hold its value well I hope, just in case.

Stu

Nice! I saw that ad and did think about it.

Looks like you got a very nice scope at a very good deal. Superb instrument. I remember mine fondly.

Ant

Cheers Ant. I've certainly read most of your words on the subject :-).

Yes, it was risky but it paid off, and was a good deal. As an added bonus, as mentioned, it also included this nice 17mm LVW

7a4a3upu.jpg

Cheers,

Stu

Yes Stu, I did. At the time I sold it on (for what I'd paid for it) and replaced it with an ED80. No regrets optically, but the TeleVue scopes are just So Nicely Made. :)

Thanks Ant. I thought that's what I had read somewhere. Glad the ED80 is giving good views, they are great scopes by all accounts.

Stu

Archived