NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Mercury visible now

Thanks for the heads up Kerry  :smiley:

I just caught the twinkling little blighter before it dropped behind some trees. Thats 3 planets so far tonight plus Earth of course :smiley:

Got it from up north  22:45 cet.

4 planets in one session. Could not see mercury naked eye, but found it with the raci.

Could not make out anything really, changing colors, impossible for me to see any phase. But im still happy I found it, this night is my Seasons end. 

Rune

Too many Contrails to the west on Friday, but last night was much clearer, and I caught the blighter

above the roofs at 21:04 until it set behind the chmney stack of number 94 at 21:27.

Nice little half-to-crescent phase in my 10mm lens and at times a passable sight in 6mm though it

was mainly very wobbly and at times worringly organgey with the extra mag.

I followed with looking at the outer Gods from Jupiter WSW to Mars in the South and Saturn Hiding

in the murk of the SSE. All before the sky was fully dark.  Its good to have the bright planets up in the late/

spring and summer as they extend the Obs window into the bright twilight which is a boon on short nights.

Lov-er-ly       Mick

• 3 weeks later...

Caught Mercury again on the 31st (4th sighting this apparition)

More of a cresent and slightly bigger to my eyes, but now only 8 minutes to view it in from finding it

(Direct through the 20cm x 20mm-could not see it in the finderscope or binos as the sky was too bright)

to Mercury-set behind the NW roofs.

Always nice to see though

Mick.

Archived