Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sharpcap RGB align(?)

Hi all:

I tried some imaging last night....clear and cold.  However I had to pack it in early as there was lots of dew and my hair dryer decided to quit.  I did notice that there seemed to be colour misalignment with Saturn

on the screen.  I also noticed in Sharpcap settings somewhere... RGB align....though briefly, and couldn't find it again.  Where is it in the settings and could it be used in this case?

I hope this isn't too silly a question....thanks again

Clear Skies

Roger

Hi,

in the dropdown on the toolbar - the one that starts as 'No Transform', just select the 'RGB Align' transform.

It's worth noting that the RGB alignment in SharpCap *only* applies to the preview images - it doesn't affect the saved AVI. The reason for this is that most stacking programs (Registax etc) will re-align your RGB channels for you when you process the AVI. The feature in SharpCap is there to help you get a good image on the screen and ensure that you can focus with maximum accuracy when preparing to capture.

One of these days I'll get around to writing a SharpCap user manual :)

cheers,

Robin

Archived