Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Boudicca Faeroes Eclipse Cruise 2015

No, but for the last eclipse (in the UK), I did the cross channel ferry from Pompey to see it.  Two thirds of the way to France we drove around in circles for a bit and got an excellent view of it :cool: .  The ferry crossing back was a bit of a drag, but whole thing well worth it :)

I'm pretty sure the Boudicca is sold out now, but doubtless there'll be other ships going - maybe even from

Southampton, which would be handy for davedownsouth.

I went on the Discovery for the 1st Aug 2008 eclipse, up off the north coast of Russia, and it was a brilliant trip.

I didn't say brilliant weather, because we were enveloped in dense fog on the day, but it was still a great experience.

The were lots of astro people on the ship including one guy I was speaking to who said it was his 15th totality -

he wasn't disappointed at all and said it was the eeriest one he'd witnessed. No-one was trying to image it,

just soaking up the atmosphere.

I'm going on the Oriana which sets sale for the fjords on the 19th. I was hoping I might also see the eclipse but I'm not sure we ll be far enough north to get a much better view.

Good luck with the trip. It's a shame that the eclipse is occurring in probably the cloudiest part of the planet, but hopefully the captain will have advance warning of the location of clear skies! I'm lucky to have witnessed one total eclipse and it was unforgettable.

Archived