NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

A cute little 6 inch Dob

Shame have not got the cash this month. If there was one reason to upgrade my little beloved Heritage 130p at some point it is because it can only take 1.25 inch eyepieces and the focuser cannot be replaced, having big heavy 2 inch lumps on it would not be the best idea anyway. 

Something like this would have been a perfect substitute, Not that I was seriously thinking about it in the immediate future, but we can dream about the future.  It is a cute little thing.  If my wallet had the spares this months I'd be very tempted   :grin:

http://www.astrobuysell.com/uk/propview.php?view=74684

ad has nothing to with me.  Just seems like a nice scope to me as a nice quick grab and go.  Did not realise OO made a shorty like this, just checking new this would be about £620 with a 1/10 PV mirror. Nice and compact in this design. 

Someone must want this of it is all in good working order at that sort of price and looking to buy for something in this aperture I would think, though the seller does not state mirror specification, that makes me think it is the standard grade perhaps.   Will be interesting to see how long it stays on there. :smiley:

Gerry, as I saw that scope guess what was in my mind,  exactly that.  Homer had a big thought bubble floating above his head that had the veil in it.  My MV28mm would give already 2.5 degrees in that puppy.  Guess what with one of those low power Naglers or an ethos from a dark site :Envy:  :Envy:  :Envy:  :grin:  

Very nice looking scope Alex, I can see why it appeals. Would be very easy as a grab and go, and great under dark skies for Widefield as you say.

Quite close to me.....but I don't need another scope!!!!! :-)

Stu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived