NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

rgb misalignment with color ccd(?)

Hi folks:

I am wondering what is main cause of the red green and blue being quite out of alignment? . I'm using a dbk21 and R5

Thanks again for any suggestions.

Cheers

Roger

RGB alignment of a DSO  is a subjective matter, an image of Ha dominated emisson  nebula will be dominated by the red portion of the spectrum. A face on spiral galaxy such as M81 can be assumed to have a neutral colour balance. Some of the difficulty is caused by the sensors none uniform sensitivity to the three RGB channels, these are just the tip of the iecberg and there are other reasons for this problem .

A.G

RGB alignment of a DSO  is a subjective matter, an image of Ha dominated emisson  nebula will be dominated by the red portion of the spectrum. A face on spiral galaxy such as M81 can be assumed to have a neutral colour balance. Some of the difficulty is caused by the sensors none uniform sensitivity to the three RGB channels, these are just the tip of the iecberg and there are other reasons for this problem .

A.G

Very true , but considering that Roger was asking a question regarding planetary imaging with an IS camera and Registax it's somewhat off the mark ...  :smiley:

And a Barlow will add to the problem too ...  :smiley:

Easy to remedy though , in Wavelets just click on 'RGB Align' then 'Estimate' , Uncle Reg'll do the rest ...  :laugh:

handy to know :) thnx

irVery true , but considering that Roger was asking a question regarding planetary imaging with an IS camera and Registax it's somewhat off the mark ...  :smiley:

Quite so sir,  I was not trying to derail the topic, just pointing out that the camera can cause a lot of misalignment amongst many other factors.

Regards,

A.G

Archived