NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Saturn-12-02-08- 22.20pm- DMK - Quick Go Before The Fog - New Image 23.30pm-

jcm

Looked as though the fog was going to come down so did a quick series of frames. Will try again later if the fog holds off.

130mm APO at F30 , about 800 frames each of R,G and B. DMK mono camera.

John

EDIT - Added image taken at 23.30pm

- Added different colour image

post-13061-133877337486_thumb.jpg

post-13061-133877337531_thumb.jpg

post-13061-133877337534_thumb.jpg

Nice and sharp, that. Plenty of detail. I think that the fog helps with the seeing. I just rattled off a couple of thousand frame before I packed up for the night (couldn't find the M objects I was after). It wont result in an image as good as yours though, not at only F10 (more kit in the post as we speak). I'll process them tomorrow.

Steve

Nice and sharp, that. Plenty of detail. I think that the fog helps with the seeing. I just rattled off a couple of thousand frame before I packed up for the night (couldn't find the M objects I was after). It wont result in an image as good as yours though, not at only F10 (more kit in the post as we speak). I'll process them tomorrow.

Steve

You should get something from your frames and whatever they are like its all part of the learning process. To get a reasonable image scale you need about F30. You can expect lots of friendly advice so let us see how you get on.

John

Great stuff John, the detail is amazing, and the Cassini so apparent.

One thing about fog, if it is light stuff of course, planetary imaging can benefit, as it indicates the seeing is steady.

Those DMK cams are ace. I have just entered a competition to try and win one. We live in hope. :D

Ron. :D

Archived