Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Capture software for Windows 7 and XP

Another vote here for Firecapture.

It's easy to use out of the box, but allows plenty of cusomisation. I especially like the way profiles are managed. Each target I like to capture can have its own profile, and sometimes I've even created separate profiles for different combinations of equipment (barlows etc).

Animaal. When you say profiles do you mean the software settings to take the image?

Yes. You can set up a list of profiles, typically one for each target. Each profile can have a different collection of settings (image size, gain, exposure etc).

I'm not sure if that's how they're meant to be used, but I also set up additional profiles for each target. E.g. Jupiter barlowed - I like the capture size to be bigger, because it's more lkely to move out of hte field of view. Also, the image is dimmer, so I have the gain cranked up a bit.

Archived