Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M81/M82

nightster

This is my third astro image ever taken. Starting to understand the basics of balance, collimation, PA, focus, and tracking. 1st use of Alignmaster. Used Eqmod, EQtour, PHD2, BYEOS.

Processed with DSS and Pixinsight. ~2.5 hours lights 15x120', 15x240,10x360, w/ darks and bias. Haven't built flat box yet as you can see the motes. IDAS LPS-P2 really works as this was just inside the edge of LP Red zone in Charlotte, NC.

Constructive critism welcomed so I know what I need to work on. It seems blown out to me. Plus some vignetting. Stars not perfect points yet either.

AP is just an absolute blast! Who knew science could be a sport? Like trophy hunting without the need to kill something.

https://jeffsastro.shutterfly.com/pictures/11

Nice, and good to hear someone else getting so excited about this AP adventure. Isn't it a hoot to see these worlds appear on the screen?!

I just took some 30 second shots with my slr, 50mm lens, of the Crux down here in Oz. My jaw dropped, so much more detail than with a visual scope.

Very good for your third image: you must be pleased!

I can read from your post that you can see what needs to be done - correcting for the vignetting with flats and controlling the saturation of the cores.  Being sufficiently aware to self-critique your image is very positive.

Keep going, AP is very addictive.

Barry

Nice, and good to hear someone else getting so excited about this AP adventure. Isn't it a hoot to see these worlds appear on the screen?!

I just took some 30 second shots with my slr, 50mm lens, of the Crux down here in Oz. My jaw dropped, so much more detail than with a visual scope.

Think how much nicer it would be if you were in Sydney ;) (sorry, I hail from Sydney, although I should keep that under my hat the way the swannies are going :(. )

This is my third astro image ever taken. Starting to understand the basics of balance, collimation, PA, focus, and tracking. 1st use of Alignmaster. Used Eqmod, EQtour, PHD2, BYEOS.

Processed with DSS and Pixinsight. ~2.5 hours lights 15x120', 15x240,10x360, w/ darks and bias. Haven't built flat box yet as you can see the motes. IDAS LPS-P2 really works as this was just inside the edge of LP Red zone in Charlotte, NC.

Constructive critism welcomed so I know what I need to work on. It seems blown out to me. Plus some vignetting. Stars not perfect points yet either.

AP is just an absolute blast! Who knew science could be a sport? Like trophy hunting without the need to kill something.

https://jeffsastro.shutterfly.com/pictures/11

This is certainly something to be happy with nightster. I know less than nothing about pixinsight I'm afraid but I'm sure you'll get plenty of help here on sgl.

Archived