Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

PD1, 12v portable power supply

scoobee

A little 7amp gel battery should do, I think power consumption is about 3.5 watts max which is about 0.30 amps for the camera . but you can buy a 12 amp battery off ebay for about  the same price of a 7amp and make yourself a little battery box should last you a good few night running it.

This is what I made with 2 x 12amp batteries, runs mount, camera, 2 dew heaters and 7 inch monitor and other bits a pieces for less than £70 including the box

post-24363-0-90724700-1399299412_thumb.j

A little 7amp gel battery should do, I think power consumption is about 3.5 watts max which is about 0.30 amps for the camera . but you can buy a 12 amp battery off ebay for about  the same price of a 7amp and make yourself a little battery box should last you a good few night running it.

This is what I made with 2 x 12amp batteries, runs mount, camera, 2 dew heaters and 7 inch monitor and other bits a pieces for less than £70 including the box

attachicon.gifP1010488.JPG

Hi, liking your battery box

can I ask what lead you are using from the battery to power your cam???

And

Where to get one please?

got the cable from Maplins, something like this cant remember what amperage, even speaker wire will do has it only uses very low amperage. and a 12 volt  cig socket and fused plug at the battery and a stereo jack plug at the camera, but you can use what ever suits you

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/twin-core-6a-figure-8-cable-priced-per-metre-xs70m

got the cable from Maplins, something like this cant remember what amperage, even speaker wire will do has it only uses very low amperage. and a 12 volt  cig socket and fused plug at the battery and a stereo jack plug at the camera, but you can use what ever suits you

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/twin-core-6a-figure-8-cable-priced-per-metre-xs70m

Many thanks for your help

My PD1 has arrived :grin:  :grin: :grin:  

Archived