Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My First Mars Ever

Hi,

I did this last night as I was a bit unispired ( lazy to be honest ) to attempt my usual DSO imaging. I did some planetary last March and April when I had just started imaging so this is the first of this year and the first of Mars for me. Nothing to write home about but I thought I might as well share it with you. The seeing was terrible with a lot of thin mist or clouds in the air. Focusing was done manually . Mak 127, Televue 2.5X powermate, ASI 120MC  with a Baader Neodymium filter attached, HEQ5 Pro and SharpCap. The processing was done in PIPP, AS!2 and REG6 for wavelets and finished off in PS. It is a stack 1200 out of 5000 frames and I think that the camera was capturing @ 67 FPS .

Regards,

A.G

post-28808-0-78166100-1399129682_thumb.p

You captured some canals and some ice. Nice Nice baby!

Much obliged to you all, now  I wish I had better seeing and transparency. Will have to wait for another nightbut I am working solid night shifts in May. Well atleast I have something.

Regards,

A.G

Archived