Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Alignmaster problem.

twintin

Well last night it was lovely and clear so thought I would have a bash at pa on frank. Even though we fly to Venice today ( typing at departure gate!!!) for the life if me I couldn't get it anywhere near even after 5 goes! I dropped the 6 onto the pier which is facing north so shouldn't be too far out. Slewed to the 2 stars I could see then did the az move but couldn't get it into view. Did the the same for alt and again same problem. Even after repeating 5 times it was still nowhere near. And to top it all I think I have stripped an alt thread in the back of the mount so a helicoil may be required. Any help and advice much appreciated although I will have to wait a week before any action can be taken.

not sure if it helps but my standard PA procedure is:

rough align with polarscope and eqmod

select 2 stars in alignmaster

use alignmaster to slew to first star

select star in CdC

use astrotortilla to plate solve and center star

use eqmod to finely centre the star in APT crosshairs

repeat for the second star

that way i always have the second star in liveview when alignmaster does its correction

i also untick the 'Correct axis separately' box

Archived