Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Pixinsight

Vanilla

Has anybody on the forum bought "Pixinsight"

I was thinking about it but the cost is comparable to Photoshop (Choke!)...although the program is made especially for Astrophotography and the main web page is down-right pretty cool.

No..I'm not endorsing the program. I just wanted some feedback on it.

Has anybody on the forum bought "Pixinsight"

I was thinking about it but the cost is comparable to Photoshop (Choke!)...although the program is made especially for Astrophotography and the main web page is down-right pretty cool.

No..I'm not endorsing the program. I just wanted some feedback on it.

I've been using PI for a long time on a mac MBP i7 with 16GB.. worth it in my opinion.

Sort of thing you can do with deconv in PI:

http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/158573-what-did-the-point-spread-function-psf-ever-do-for-us

http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/157001-using-dynamic-psf-to-add-some-clarity

Photoshop, when it was available for sale and not for rent, was about $700 if I remember correctly...

/p

The later CS versions were even more expensive.

Forcing me to using "extended" trial versions.

Now I can finally rent it at a decent price with the current $9,99 offer they have. :D

When it comes to PixInsight. I checked out the trial. It has a very steep learning curve.

But then again. So has Photoshop.

Would definitely recommend trying the 45-day trial first, to see if you can get into it, before dumping the cash for it.

There are also other powerfull astro software suites as alternative, like StarTools and AstroArt.

Archived