NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

25-04-14 White Light

Amra

This image is from yesterday, I wanted to try a false coloured image this time & followed Bizibuilder's guide.

It may be a bit over-processed, but I like the result. :)

125 DSLR images stacked in Registax 6. There were some dust bunnies I had to spot heal out, next time I'll try to remove them with flats!

117e403704d33a2b1834d1083070f302.620x0_q

Nice disc ...  :smiley:

Wavelets-wise , small adjustments at a time ... no big jumps up the slider. Same with UnSharp Masking in PS or Gimp later on , little and often at small radii.

To bring out finer detail at the smaller radii try knocking the bottom three controls to -5 , ie right over to the left.  These large radius sliders have killed more images I've seen than I'd care to think about.

I very rarely use either Nos. 3,4,5, or 6 anywhere but on -5 , and I usually leave No. 2 as default and adjust only No.1.

This will of course be dependent on the level of detail in the original subs , most important thing is to get the focus absolutely spot on before capture , no amount of sharpening can magically focus bad data unfortunately.

PS. How much are you charging for B+B next March , around the 19th to 21st ....  :cool:

Nice disc ...  :smiley:

Wavelets-wise , small adjustments at a time ... no big jumps up the slider. Same with UnSharp Masking in PS or Gimp later on , little and often at small radii.

To bring out finer detail at the smaller radii try knocking the bottom three controls to -5 , ie right over to the left.  These large radius sliders have killed more images I've seen than I'd care to think about.

I very rarely use either Nos. 3,4,5, or 6 anywhere but on -5 , and I usually leave No. 2 as default and adjust only No.1.

This will of course be dependent on the level of detail in the original subs , most important thing is to get the focus absolutely spot on before capture , no amount of sharpening can magically focus bad data unfortunately.

PS. How much are you charging for B+B next March , around the 19th to 21st ....  :cool:

Thanks for the tips! You know, I have a hard time judging focus sometimes, but basically I left my camera in the telescope from my last night session when I had it perfected with a bahtinov mask, that should be reliable? Bizibilder mentions in the tutorial surface granulation and some bright marks near the edges of the Sun’s disc facula, should be visible. But I rarely see these in my stock subs, only really the sun spots, maybe I am overexposing or the focus isn't spot on. I am certainly interested in improving as much as I can with my setup. :)

As for B+B for the 2015 Solar Eclipse, you guys would have a good view from my lawn! I took this picture below on 20'th of March 2014 9:41am, with exactly one year to go for the eclipse, I got super psyched for next year with it being clear skies even though there was nothing to see. ;)

I've heard that many people are renting out their houses/summerhouses, since hotels have long since been booked for the Solar Eclipse.

13286843884_e43812130d_b.jpg1 year to go for solar eclipse! by AHJ Photography, on Flickr

Hehe I might be able to accommodate some people, would be fun to spend the event with like-minded enthusiasts! I might view it from somewhere the experts recommend though, where there'll be lots of people with solar telescopes & awesome gear. :D 

Archived