Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Upgrade confusion

Dave_D

So, I decided to update all my software to the latest versions...

Upgraded EQMOD from v1.24g to 1.27l

Connecting to my mount in CdC with the ASCOM picker and I can select EQMOD ASCOM EQ5/6. All is fine here as I'm using a Vixen GP with EQ5 synscan upgrade.

Mount connects ok and slews but EQMOD is now showing the mount as EQMOD HEQ5/6

Astrotortilla chooser shows EQMOD ASCOM EQ5/6 and connects ok.

PHD 2.2.1 shows the mount as EQMOD ASCOM EQ5/6

APT 2.50 shows the mount as EQMOD HEQ5/6

There is no listing of HEQ5/6 in the ASCOM mount picker so is this just a labelling glitch or is the difference in mounts shown in the various applications going to be a problem with tracking and whatnot?

Waiting now for a clear night to actually test everything. It isn't a major problem as I image my harddrive so can roll back to the older software in 10 minutes or so...

All running on XP sp3.

I.m not sure what the connection between APT and PDH does, i checked out APT yesterday it run ok, USB leads sorted, fired up PHD this worked ok, but the APT screen didn't show a connection to PHD, its likely something i haven't set-up, but why they connect i'm not sure....yet to have everything running (EQMod) with clear sky.......

Archived