Solar animation automatic alignment tool

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup works :)

post-9952-0-38841800-1407256617_thumb.pn

Thinking that the following may be a cause of the issues:

* 8bit images may be causing an app expecting 16bit a problem,

* the border causes alignment problems if I switch on sharpening - this may be your issue.

did you manage to create an animation with the 6 images?

I could - the app currently takes images from a file and stacks by feeding the images in - when a camera is attached it will generate a sequence that effectively would animate if the stacking was set to clear between each frame.

One thing to note here - it's not going to morph the details between sub-frames. 

I could write out the aligned frames separately then we could use a separate application to produce the animation.

i have had a couple of goes with this to no avail,  are still working on it ?

Sorry for the delay, I haven't been checking this thread in a while. I tried imgalt v. 0.5 on these 6 files and it seems to work fine. Remember that you have to convert them to BMP or TIFF for imgalt to process them.

• 2 months later...

Tonight I was having trouble getting a movie to stack in Autostakkert where the Sun drifts during the movie (I was using a non-tracking mount), so thought I would see if imgalt could help.

I reduced the original video from 1400 frames to 550 in PIPP, then tried aligning these using imgalt. I had a quick flick through the frames from imgalt and removed a small number that were not aligned. Then put these back into a movie using PIPP. Hooray, it stacked! :)

Thank you, GreatAttractor! I am keen to try some other files now. I am getting quite a few problem movies with my grab and go, which may be because the focal length is longer now  - I switched from 400mm focal length to about 850mm.

15312697450_0759d757ee_b.jpg

I managed to miss this thread originally.  Lots of interesting stuff here for me to think about.  I'm still trying to get my head around fourier transforms, convolution and deconvolution though.  I may be some time :)

James

Archived