Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M81 M82 - Rusty and out of practice

JohnC64

First time out for a bit and was going to capture M81 & M82.  Set up on the other side of the house so I could be shielded from the moon, PHD was running like a charm. Time to go inside and warm up i thought, thinking i was on to a winner.  Unfortunately it looks like i left a cable dangling and most of the subs were ruined by jumps in the image.  presumably where the cabling readjusted itself as the mount moved. :(

Managed to recover 6 subs in the red filter so processed those.   Noisy as an AC/DC concert but here it is.  Guess we can put this one down to experience and call it a WIP   :)

Cheers John

post-12165-0-93462500-1397909605_thumb.p

Richard - Thanks - yes the subs are good that came out- pleany of detail.    Lesson learnt though and its time to build myself a proper loom so that all my cables are secured properly.

Qm - Yes its great to be back outside again. Saturday night was great here,  although think we are in for a cloudy spell again. :(

Cheers John

Did the same thing the other night - cable snagged on the battery terminal and unscrewed the guide camera - every shot had a trail at a different angle.....

Your salvage came out better than mine - there's some lovely detail in there.

I think a lot of us are out of practice this year, I know I've been making stupid mistakes that I thought I'd learned from last year :confused: .

I don't have a wiring loom, my set up is simple enough that I run everything through a 4-way USB hub, with one lead to the laptop:

Main camera

Guide camera

Mount control

Game-pad joystick controller.

Archived