Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Full Moon 14/04 - not an eclipse picture :(

Ant

Had a lovely clear night last night and managed to capture some data on some planets and the moon.

I don't often image the full moon, but as I was setup I thought that I would have a go with the new ST102 - this is not generally, at F5, going to be known for a lunar imaging scope. But it actually did rather well.

I used a lens cell from a 2" barlow that I have (dubious quality) screwed into the 2" adapter on the camera. Also to reach focus I had to use a diagonal - which again isn't really recommended for imaging.

The focuser isn't bad for a R&P and after about a dozen test shots, I got focus that I was happy with. I captured 67 shots with the 400D at around 1/400s, Raw format at ISO100.

Registax wasn't at all happy with the full frame CR2 files, so I opened them all up in PS cropped and saved as TIF files. Registax was then as happy as Larry!

Here is the result. Resized to 75% and saved as JPG.

Hope you like.

Archived