Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Firecapture 2.2 freezing with ASi120MM

Fordos Moon

I'd make sure you have the very latest version of FireCapture to start with.  Mine claims to be v2.3.20.

James

Thanks James, I am struggling here. Im sure I followed instructions correctly (I don't do IT) but still says 2.2 at the top of my Firecapture window?

Gone through installation all good up to "close the firecapture 2.3 window" (had it this time), do that then next step is

"start it again using the proper shortcut eg Firecapture_ASI" but there is no ASI shortcut (albeit there are shortcuts for about 8 other camera types?)

Excellent.  I would have had a poke about myself to find it, but I'm busy on a Martian imaging run at the moment.

James

Look forward to seeing the results James!

My filter set should be arriving today.

Next job - work out how to get the filters in to the ZWO filter wheel!

This is interesting, I had exactly the same problem last night with my ASI120MC trying to image Mars! My version 2.2 was crashing a few seconds into the live view loading up, but it was fine last time I used it for Jupiter a few weeks ago. Luckily managed to get Sharpcap working instead. Time to download Firecapture 2.3 then!

Firecapture v2.2 is known to be a bit ropey with the ASI cameras, though I don't know if that's down to FireCapture itself.  v2.3 uses the ASI SDK rather than the standard Windows camera interface (I think) which makes it somewhat more reliable.  I don't think I've ever had a problem with it since I moved to 2.3.

James

Archived