Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Lunar Imaging

Geuse

Hi,

Just wondered if someone could give me advice on the above? Nice full (almost) moon out tonight and i fancied popping out to take a couple of snaps but everytime i have tried it previously its just been a ball of light. I am using the kit listed below.

Is it better to take a couple of videos instead??

Thanks for any advice.

Hey so i ended up just having a go and took a couple of vids and have produced my first ever (real) moon shot. Not so sure i had the processing right so any advice would be gratefully received.

post-34436-0-58748200-1397424165_thumb.j

So, as was suggested i read the above tutorial  and had another pop at the moon tonight. I am really chuffed with how this turned out actually. Any feedback gratefully received.

post-34436-0-35523800-1397516447_thumb.j

Nice -

The moon is a daylight object!

So take it with daylight settings.

Since it avarages the whole picture, the exposure is going to be too much generally - so you ned to cut it back

Generally I use about 320th of a second at ISO200 (F10) but it may very for your camera.

Just cut it back until the moon looks quite dim.

You can always process more light into it - you can't deexpose if you go over

Archived