Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Astrotec Ltd

Rols

For me it is very rare to feel so comfortable spending money on products you don't really know with people you don't get to see.

being in retail myself (store based) i like to hold and touch things before i part with my money, but Astrotec Limited (Graham) went beyond any expected service level and discussed designed and worked with me to make sure i got what i was after, with detailed drawings and exact (not guessed) costings he has now made two perfect adapter plates and a mounting plate for my pier and scopes.

I can highly recommend Grahams services and attitude to his work, the product is made solid, and the pricing for my item was around 35% cheaper than i could find elswhere. not that i looked too hard after talking to Graham, and pricing was never the issue for this it was more a case of getting what i wanted, even if i wasn't sure what i wanted until I'd talked to him.

Thanks Astrotec (Graham)

Astrotec Limited

CONTACT US

Now if someone could just recommend him a web site designer i'm sure it would blossom.

• 3 weeks later...

Just received a hand made m42 to 2"sct thread adapter. Fits like a glove on the back of the mak.

Give this company problems, they create solutions. How every company should be.

Cannot recommend enough.

Cheers

• 4 months later...

I ordered a HEQ5 pier extension from Graham at Astrotec before going on Holiday so he plenty of time to make it and it was delivered on the agreed date. Nicely made and finished. He will make them to the length you require as opposed to "this is what we've got" The price was much better than another i'd found on the net.

Good product and service

and a happy customer.

Hi every one after getting a great built to order pier for the obsy I decided to try Astrotec limited ,Graham is a great guy I did look at other piers but they were of standard shape and height ,me building a one of shed and wanting a one of graham asked me what I wanted and even what color he built it and fitted it for me very professional built and built to my specs not the normal we have this and that when I buy kit like this I want it to my spec and not the run of the mill one the price was competitive ,and it was delivered by Graham and fitted by him very good service considering I live in north east Derbyshire ,and he lives in ipswitch

pie also wanted a custom pier extension the available ones were not ,the right size and could not find oneso I got back to graham spoke to him in the morning and he made it that day and got it to me the very next day via a courier

I have approached him for all sorts and even down to make in a step down ring for camera fittings

So if you have a problem like I did GRaham found the solution give him a try for any custom bits for any thing

Pat

• 1 year later...

Possibly the best customer service I've had from anywhere ever!

Saw Graham advertising mount servicing on ebay, and as my CG5-GT was desperate for something to be done I thought I'd give hi a pop.

I spoke to Graham via email and phone before sending my mount off to explain the problem, he even advised me on which courier to use.

Sent the mount on Monday - got to Graham Wed. By Wed evening he had identified the problem and gave me a quote to get it fixed - at a much cheaper price than I was expecting.

Friday he emailed me to say job was complete, but he would ship on Mon as didn't want the mount sat in a warehouse over the weekend... but the amazing bit was, attached to this email was a link to a personalised video of my mount showing it working! How amazing is that?

Mount duly arrived back to me on the Tuesday in a much better shape than it's ever been.

Brilliant service!

• 1 month later...
Towards the end of last year I purchased the belt modification for my NEQ6 and decided I did not want to risk installing this myself so I sent it off to Graham at Astrotec for him to do and at the same time perform a full service on the mount. 

Well to cut a long story short, on taking the mount apart Graham was unable to remove the worm gears as they had been installed cross threaded but even more worrying was the state of the castings. The metal  was absolutely porous with actual  holes in a number of places including the threads into which the worm gears go. Graham sent me pictures of this and decided not to attempt to ruin the gears and threads by forcing their removal, more than likely the castings would have collapsed anyway! 

Well I was a bit gob smacked at the state of the mount and so was Graham. Luckily I had purchased this mount from Modern Astronomy and Bern picked up the case and contacted the importers. In the meantime Graham wrote an incredible full report on the mount which Bern then forwarded to the importers who agreed to pass it on to  Synta in China. None of us really expected much of a response as the mount was 2 years out of warranty. Having said that this was a clear manufacturing defect so all was not lost. 

At the beginning of the year Bern contacted me to say that Synta had agreed to replace both the worm gears and the castings. Result!!! 12 or so weeks later the parts arrived and Bern shipped them direct to Graham. Within no time at all Graham had it all working, greased up and serviced and with a fully installed belt drive!! He even sent me a video of it up and running. Totally brilliant service from both Graham and Bern. I seriously don't think things get better than this. I have had this level of service from them both on multiple occasions now and would like to thank  both of them for being so dedicated and for restoring my faith in people, in general!! 

Graham seems to be able to build anything for anyone. I cant recommend him enough, Thanks Graham.

Archived