NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Sun In White Light 11-4-2014. 12:30 BST

Steve Ward

Plenty of blue bits but awful shimmering disc to aim at , had a real job to judge focus so ran off 300 in desperation and crossed my fingers ...  :smiley:

Found thirteen I was happy to stack.

P11-4-14iMerged_zpscdd082fb.png

Full res ... http://www.astrobin.com/full/89735/0/?real=&mod=

1000D + Tal 100RS + 1.3 x Barlow + ND3.8 + OIII. 

1/400s @ ISO 200 , 13/300 , Reg 5.1 , Gimp 2.8.

SPC900NC Mono + Tal 100RS + 2 x Barlow + Scopium wedge + Continuum + UV/IR Block.

15% of 3600 each , SharpCap , PIPP , AS!2 , Reg 6 , iMerge.

Day by day album ... http://www.astrobin.com/users/steveward53/

83/100 ...  :laugh:

post-9886-0-68652400-1397236909.jpg

Wish I could have seen it, however I finally managed to get my first photo of sunspots, the tilt adapter is doing it's trick removing the Newton Rings, now I just need to get rid of this interlace problem that crops up on some images.

It was a shame as it looked promising to start with , through the tiny gaps first thing with the wedge it was lovely just too small were the gaps for AVIs , the wind was still from the North then and gradually swung Westerly as it cleared and went wobbly very soon after ...  :embarassed:

I havent tried stacking dslr images yet..I  wouldn't really know where to start  :embarrassed: ....

It was a bit breezy here today as well  suprised how much things were being blown around  plenty of cloud dodging as well.. why is it the streams of cloud always seem to line up on the suns disc.. a lot clearer  a few degrees either side :(

I really like the presentation of the whole disc and associated close ups :)

Peter...

Archived