SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Mars 04.04.2014 dual process

Pete Presland

post-5271-0-49015400-1396899215_thumb.pn  post-5271-0-34104800-1396899217_thumb.pn

two images from a very short session on friday night. seeing pretty poor as usual, but at least it was clear :laugh:

C9.25/ASI120MM. 3000 @ RGB, stacked around 500-700.

both are stacked in registax5 with wavelets. 1st image is not processed after registax, 2nd is a rather clumsy 1st attempt at using high pass filters and a gaussian blur.

rather depressingly these are my best Mars images of the winter :huh: but still better than 4 years ago!

Well done Pete, the first looks better to me - plenty of surface detail, but might want some more wavelet sharpening.

Definitely recommend AS!2 for the stacking - I find it simpler and much faster than Registax. I haven't used R5, but the per wavelet noise control in R6 gives lots of control.

typed on my mobile with Tapatalk

Well done Pete, the first looks better to me - plenty of surface detail, but might want some more wavelet sharpening.

Definitely recommend AS!2 for the stacking - I find it simpler and much faster than Registax. I haven't used R5, but the per wavelet noise control in R6 gives lots of control.

typed on my mobile with Tapatalk

what is the per wavelet noise control ?

You have more control in Reg 6 , with Gaussian set you can adjust the Sharpening and Noise Reduction on each level , and the Direct setting in the Histogram is nice too , it automatically adjusts as soon as you move the sliders - it also has a Grey adjust as well as the Black and White points.

Hi Pete. Autostakkert is much, much faster and gives excellent results. Now the weapon of choice for many! . I rarely use Registax anymore except for sharpening as alluded to in previous post.

Best regards,

Ralph

I still rely on Reg 5.1 for my DSLR work as it gives me much more control over Alignment , but AS!2 for any AVI stacking.

I would use AS!2 for my Solar discs as it does a great job with single frames too ,  but the maximum box size is 2400 x 2400 and that's too small for my discs , this has reminded me to drop Emil a line regarding altering it to 2600 x 2600.

Archived