Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Onsite Help needed in Maidstone Kent

Hi there,

Hope this is allowed here. :laugh:

Would anyone be willing (for a small fee) to show me how to correctly set up my brand new Skyscanner telescope and help with SkyScan PRO GOTO ?

I live in the Maidstone area and would require someone to travel to my home and give me 1 or 2 hours of their time to help set up the scope and show me the basics. This piece of kit was purchased at great cost for my birthday but I unfortunately have no experience but I’m willing to learn.

If so, please contact via: pm so we can discuss a date, time and suitable price.

Regards

Jo

Hi Jo, I'm not sure posting your mobile number on a public forum is such a good idea... You could get all sorts of offers :-)

Anyone on this forum can contact you by private message within the safety (relative) of the forum.

I'll ask a moderator to remove your number for you.

If you get no offers then maybe try popping along to a club meeting or perhaps try visiting F1 telescopes in sittingbourne for a chat.

good luck

Hi Jo and welcome to SGL.

Please be careful !    Almost everyone on SGL is ok, but the world and his brother can log in here.......

As suggested, I'd contact a nearby astronomy club for advice.  At my own club in Essex we regularly help visiting people with new telescope, no problem at all.

Regards, Ed.

Now, if you'd like to send me 200 pounds deposit.....

NGC1502 is right  (though it is really sad) - don't give out info on the web.

Your local Astro club will be pleased to help you set up - just take it along to a meeting and they'll willingly spend time with you.

Archived