Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

who stocks Celestron X cel lx

Sandraj

Amazon flog xcel, various sizes. ;-) Just to add one thing... the difference between 7 and 9mm is very insignificant to be honest, to buy both would be a bit of overkill. The higher the power levels you go the harder it will be to keep the object in place unless you have a goto, just wanted to save you a few quid. With the dob you would actually get some beautiful wider views with a moderate size, I use a 40mm on some things and seriously to catch that much sky is jaw dropping. Consider the 9mm, and maybe a 12 or 15mm and then a 25mm and one larger, say 32 or 40mm. you will cover the whole scenario then.

Amazon flog xcel, various sizes. ;-) Just to add one thing... the difference between 7 and 9mm is very insignificant to be honest, to buy both would be a bit of overkill. The higher the power levels you go the harder it will be to keep the object in place unless you have a goto, just wanted to save you a few quid.

Thanks for the tip, maybe I will get a 12mm instead of one of the others.

In slight disagreement the 7mm and 9mm sound close but they are something like 23% different and that is the change in magnification that you will see.

If the 7mm gave 100x then the 9mm would give 78x, which to me is a fair change.

Your scope is 1200mm, so a 7mm gives 171x, a 9mm would give 133x, that seems a reasonable change and certainly one that you should notice. Just because they sound close that does not mean the effct is negliable, go work out the change for a 5mm tne a 4mm eyepiece. Less change in focal length then 7 to 9 but a bigger change in magnification terms.

Archived