Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hi all,

Is there anywhere that I can get a extra tray to put on my Dob Mount as I have more than 3 eyepieces, and a few barlows?

Thanks

You could make a DIY tray for your eyepieces.

But hope you don't mind me mentioning that having a row of eyepieces in the open air is a good way to dew them up.......

Eyepieces dew up far less if kept in a box whilst not in use, or my favourite method is to wear a large padded jacket with lots of pockets.

If the eyepieces not in use are capped, then they can be pocketed where they will keep a touch warmer and not dew up. I have a method where I know which pocket each EP is stored.

Regards, Ed.

Ok but I put the caps on when they are resting in the tray, so just want another tray.

Lorne I'll have it bud.

Will they fit the tray with both caps on? I have one scope and the tray is between the tripod legs (its a refractor). To fit the EP's into the tray id have to remove the bottom cap and then replace it and do the same if i decide to use that EP. Maybe different scopes and brands are different. I do find that Celestron try to make your observing experience as difficult as possible,while providing quality products.

LOL.

Archived