Auto guiding

I have a Atik titan auto guder and last night was trying to guide on a very bright star. I keep trying to calibrate but it kept telling me that there was not enough movement to calibrate but the star was moving and that was clearly visible. I tried longer expose times but that just caused it to lose the star.

I got this message, even after I had increased the calibration steps.  It turned out I had one of the settings incorrect and had to change to "on camera". 

I got this message, even after I had increased the calibration steps.  It turned out I had one of the settings incorrect and had to change to "on camera". 

AFAIK, "On Camera" is used when using an ST-4 cable.

if you are using EQMOD you can enable Pulse Guiding in the Driver setup screen and then choose "ASCOM" in PHD. You can then junk the ST4 cable.

A bit more information will get a better class of help, Scope, Guide Scope, Mount, PC or laptop with Operating system, Guide software, there will be other stuff but this will be a start... :)

I am using my 8 inch to practice Autoguiding

Heq5Pro

Advent 6552 running Windows Vista

Guide Software is Atick Software

Chris

As above. During calibration check your mount is receiving the signals. You can hear it pinging. Mine wasn't moving and I found the blue 'West' lead was disconnected inside the mount. Had to get the soldering iron out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived