Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Skysafari question

Bart

Hello all

Just got the skysafari pro, new version, and have a quick question hopefully someone can help with. In the FOV selection box, I can't seem to be able to select a third FOV. The space in the right hand box in the second row is empty and I can't seem to set a value for it. It seems odd I can only select two FOV settings when there are three available. Any suggestions? Thanks

Barry

Barry

What does your settings screen look like Barry?

I've only just upgraded and am able to have all five configured as I want, plus Telrad circles, not that I use these all at once!

gudyvagy.jpg

5ususehu.jpg

As said, maybe try re-installing?

Stu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I upgraded to the 4.0.1 a while ago but have been using the old version because I havent bother transferring my Astroplanner lists to it yet, I didnt realise you could set 5 FoV's instead of the 3 on the old version, thats very handy!

No help from me though Barry I'm afraid but hope you get it sorted.

Hi Barry. Try selecting the 'Show even if not connected to Telescope', that will show the extra fields of view. No need to re-install!

Stu

Hi Stu thanks for sticking with me on his

Reinstalled it and was able to set up the FOV. Problem now is no matter which I select, it only shows 3 and I can't seem to select/deselect. Mmmm it seems really buggy too, jumpy and not as smooth as the old plus 3 version I had. I'll play with it and see how I get on

Thanks again for help

Barry

No problem Barry. Are you on iOS 7?

I've found it to be very stable and it works reliably so I wonder if there is a difference between OS version or Phone which is causing the issues?

Stu

Ok Stu

After re installation it seems much better. I'm on iOS 7.1 with an iPhone 5. Yep, much better. With the FOV thing I think depending on which "ring" I select it shows differing rings in a particular order, but I can't change the actual fov that are permanently displayed. I'm pretty sure its something I'm doing wrong. Definitely a case of RTFM!!!

Thanks again

Barry

Ok Stu

After re installation it seems much better. I'm on iOS 7.1 with an iPhone 5. Yep, much better. With the FOV thing I think depending on which "ring" I select it shows differing rings in a particular order, but I can't change the actual fov that are permanently displayed. I'm pretty sure its something I'm doing wrong. Definitely a case of RTFM!!!

Thanks again

Barry

What version of sky safari is that Barry. I have pro 4.0.1 , your settings page is different.

What version of sky safari is that Barry. I have pro 4.0.1 , your settings page is different.

Scooot, same as you, 4.0.1 on iPhone ???

I'll get another screen shot as reinstalling gave me a slightly different one, I think

Barry

Yep, mine is 4.0.1 too.

I do think the 'Show even if not connected to Telescope' may have an impact on the fov's shown?

I doesn't on mine, I still see the same layout in settings.

Screen shots from my phone, the second one is after I've tapped the arrow to go into the 6° FOV I have stored.

post-20507-0-03059200-1396122690_thumb.j

post-20507-0-85805800-1396122747_thumb.j

Not quite sure what is happening in that case - just checked on mine and you are quite right, it doesn't seem to make any difference......

Archived