Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Did anyone see this?

C7tsj

Just out viewing and I have seen a satellite very bright in the sky going east to west. This was around 7.55pm.

Problem is I can't find it on stellarium. It was extremely bright and I observed it for a while, probably 3 mins.

It will have been plainly obvious to anyone out tonight so please let me know if you seen this and what satellite it was.

Doesn't look to have been the ISS as this was only visible during the night and I don't see anything obvious on heavens above.

Anyone?

I am put imaging M51 and I have seen several bright objects moving across the guide scope that are taking around 3 seconds to go around across (2 degrees) and seem quite bright on the guide camera. I have seen three all moving in the same direction and when I looked out by eye there was nothing there.

They seem too slow for meteors, but could have been although there is no regular shower at this moment. They could have been satellites. I probably saw all three around 8pm. None have appeared on my subs, which started around 8:15.

Robin

Thanks. This was very bright and quickly as it was going overhead then appeared slower as it moved towards the horizon (I believe this is normal for satellites). I had time to observe, be a bit awestruck, then move the scope from the back garden to the front and then watch for another minute.

It could have been CZ-4B R/B (a Chinese Long March rocket body) or SL-16R/B (a Russian rocket body) if it was quite low in the sky. Both around mag 6 though. Nothing else around at that time.

What app or site are you looking at for this info? Keen to investigate further, thanks. Mark.

Thanks. Was on this site earlier but didn't realise I needed to update the location. Done now and pretty confident it is CZ-4B R/B, matches time and trajectory perfectly.

Next I need to find one that passed just under Jupiter at 7.35pm (west to east) and another that passed Pleiades (heading towards Cassiopeia) not long after 8pm. One of those nights, right place right time and caught three.

Thanks.

Just out viewing and I have seen a satellite very bright in the sky going east to west. This was around 7.55pm.

Problem is I can't find it on stellarium. It was extremely bright and I observed it for a while, probably 3 mins.

It will have been plainly obvious to anyone out tonight so please let me know if you seen this and what satellite it was.

Doesn't look to have been the ISS as this was only visible during the night and I don't see anything obvious on heavens above.

Anyone?

Hi Mate..  I seen something like a sphere in front of the moon weeks ago!   then it just suddenly went and never came back?  I uploaded it onto youtube under David Wittman (my fathers name)  (Titled :  moon Object) this had me fixed for about a week as the moon was in the eastern sky around 15:00 HRS  and I had my S3 Pro out on the tripod and was testing a Nikon 70-300 lens when I came across this object. i would have uploaded it here but the image was 12M and too big.

Archived