Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First light Solar

OK.I'm really excited right now,my first light with the Baader wedge has been spectacular!!I see the sunspots-umbra and preumbra,the granulation is easy right now and what I really like is the faculae(?) esiest seen near the sun edges.I hope I got the names right.So far the 18mmBCO is best low power and the 10mm Ethos is best medium power.My 10mm Luminos is not far behind the Ethos though surprisingly enough.The 90mm Stellarvue is working greatI'm hooked on solar.... :grin:

I often find that my 12.5mm Ortho gives best views in my TV76 at x38. Granulation visible depends on the seeing but when it's there it's great. I was amazed just how much detail there is in the active regions.

Stu

Stu I'm amazed here with what is visible.My 5mm KK ortho @ 126x has revealed so much detail in the sunspots-incredible.My 18mm BCO gives me 35x and is spectacular,the suns globe has small granulation all over most of it and those bright patches of lines around the sunspots.....After snow yesterday the air is cleaned right up!Starting to get more thermals from the sun heating the air but all is still visible.Man I hope the sky holds for tonight

ps I sure like that Atlux!

Sounds great :-). Need to use my 106 with it more, but often the skies here aren't up to much higher mags.

The Atlux is amazing, very happy with it. Need to make a Baader filter for it to have a go, not brave enough to point it at the sun unfiltered!

Stu

• 2 weeks later...

Archived